FAQ

General Questions:

Questions about our organization, and billing / insurance questions.

When was your company started?
Established in 1997, Rezk is a family-owned, family-run business. We are an accredited organization and licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

What type of insurance do you accept?
We accept most major medical insurance policies. Our local billing office can verify your insurance to ensure Rezk Medical Suppply / Punxsy Medical Supply is in your network.

How much does insurance cover for my medical equipment?
Most insurances will pay 80% of the cost of home medical equipment, leaving the patient responsible for 20% of the cost. However, if the patient has a secondary insurance, the secondary insurance will usually pay the remaining 20%, therefore, the patient does not have a balance. Because home medical equipment is under major medical policies, deductibles do apply.

What type of medical equipment does insurance cover?
Although insurance policies vary, most insurance policies have coverage for the following: canes, walkers, wheelchairs, power chairs, scooters, hospital beds, oxygen, nebulizers, CPAP’s and BiPAP’s, lift chairs, etc. Insurance covers most items with the exception of bath/safety items and medical supplies. However, the patient must have a diagnosis that qualifies the patient for the equipment.

Excluding insurance, what other type of payment methods do you except?
We accept cash, check, ATM/Debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.

Safety & Health:

Questions about safety of the equipment we sell and service. As well as health questions for diagnosis that are equipment is made for.

What are the do’s and don’ts of oxygen safety?
Oxygen does not explode and cannot burn by itself. However, fire will occur when oxygen exists in combination with a combustible or flammable material and a source of ignition. For a more comprehensive listing of do’s and don’ts please click here.
What is COPD?
COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary (PULL-mun-ary) disease, is a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe. “Progressive” means the disease gets worse over time.
COPD can cause coughing that produces large amounts of mucus (a slimy substance), wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and other symptoms.
Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of COPD. Most people who have COPD smoke or used to smoke. Long-term exposure to other lung irritants—such as air pollution, chemical fumes, or dust—also may contribute to COPD..

For more information and the official source please see the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute

Equipment Questions:

For more information, please stop in any of our convenient locations.

What is an oxygen conserving device?
An oxygen conserving device is used to conserve the amount of oxygen that you use. It sets liter flow and restircts oxygen that would otherwise be wasted, this should not be adjusted except as directed by your doctor.

Write a Comment